Sunday, January 13, 2008

Frost is on the pumpkin



Yep thats right we had frost covering most everything this morning except the pumpkin. I know it does seem to be a bit miss leading and that time of year has already come and gone but it sure sounded good. Anyway we had frost and windows and our metal stairs leading to the shop were slick with a thin layer of ice of which I nearly lost my footing. Luckly for me I did not fall.





I know there are a few of you out there who grew up in the northern states and have noticed the ice crystal patterns on the window. One of my memories of growing up North namly in Washington state is seeing frost on the windows and the wonderful patterns that water made as it slowly crystalized on the fridged pane of glass. On occasions I would melt the small area with my heat of my breath and come back later to see what kind of new crystalized patterns would emerge and everytime without fail I would be greated by a wonderful new pattern.

Photo from Ian Andersons website. easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~iany/patterns/ice.htm

No comments: