Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Time to start anew with dreams of great things to come. I have not made a new years resolution in a very long time. I don't know if I should break with my tradition or not. After so much time I really need to break the mold I made for myself.
I have been thinking about what I am going to do after I finish up here in Kuwait and it scares me that when I return I really don't have much to fall back on. True I am learning something new but I do not have the actual certifications to use back in the real world.

So here is what I am going to do:
1. Like most everything in life you have to take small steps. Taking on more that you can handle is going to set you up of for self destruction and failure which will be a further blow to ones confidence.

2. I need to talk to my Charlee and let her know what I have been thinking about and what I need to accomplish with the time I have left.

3. I have a wonderful knowledge base at my disposal and I need to use it.

4. I need to manage my time better. One or two hours an evening after work and some time during work to use the resources available.

5. Get the items needed for on hands learning. Reading a book is great but on hands learning is better. As they say learning by doing.

6. Study. Study. Study.

7. Relax and exercise to get the kinks out so you don't feel rushed.

8. Most of all believe in yourself. The most important part to remember.

No comments: